1.13.2019

SNOW DAY

After much preparation for days for the big storm, it began to snow last night at 6 p.m.  This morning we awoke to about 5 inches of white fluffy snow covering rooftops, trees, cars, driveways and walks.  Good morning gorgeous pure white snow, cold temperatures and gray skies.

We got notifications that church was cancelled, businesses closed and our trash pick up a day delayed.  Snow plow trucks cruised up and down our neighborhood road.  We watched, cradling mugs of hot coffee, as tiny snowflakes continued to fall softly in a dance like fashion. And when it stopped mid-morning, Bruce shoveled our driveway and walkway and I headed into the kitchen and prepared the pork shoulder to go into the crock pot for a Carnitas dinner. 

As our dinner cooks, while we stay warm inside, under blankets, with the TV as background noise, I am setting today as the day to continue to fine tune my schedule for the new year.  I began a workout routine last week and I admit, it was a slow start for me.  But, as slow as it was, it did help set a foundation of purpose for me for my health goals.  A beginning.

I am excited after seven months of seeing the health benefits of  KETO way of eating, to now be weaving into my new lifestyle, a schedule for exercise, a routine that will include heavy resistance training with HIIT cardio sessions.  I am also making a daily schedule for consistent writing and am working on meal planning, too.

I am happy making the most of our snow day inside. 

No comments: