1.14.2019

HAPPY WINTER

The snow stopped falling last night and clumps of snow began melting and falling from the laden branches on our property as we shoveled our driveway and walks for the second time this storm. I actually enjoy shoveling snow. 

Shoveling snow is a perfect workout.  I can breathe the fresh cold air, push the snow, lift and toss, walk and let my mind run free at the same time.  It is a great way to escape everything else.  

And here is something else. With snow shoveling,  you can clearly see all the results of your labor.  Long cleared walks and driveways. Unlike vacuuming, where you know you have done the work but really can't see it the same way you can when you have shoveled snow.

I love winter. I believe it was 28 earlier this morning and our high today will be 36.  I love the cold temperatures, and wearing layers and scarves and boots.  I love cozy blankets, fuzzy socks, and sipping mugs of hot tea!  It is here for only 3 months and then it is gone and another season will come.  I embrace them all with joy.  It is part of why I love living in Virginia.

I also love cooking winter meals.  I am making some kind of soup today for dinner.  I am not sure what kind exactly, but it will be hot, hearty and delicious!  

I'm back inside now, cozy  and warm under a fleece blanket enjoying our snow covered woods view from my window and thinking about a mug of hot tea.

No comments: