12.23.2011

ALMOST CHRISTMAS

This week has been filled with many Christmas celebrations for us. 

Sunday night, Bruce and I went to see the Parade of Lights on the San Diego Bay.  The best part was that we saw it from the Hornblower Adventurer.  Our evening cruise included a delicious buffett dinner.  My favorite part was the spinach salad with honey mustard dressing and a vegetable dish made with summer squash, zuchinni, green beans and almonds. 

We sipped our cups of steaming hot coffee from the top deck of the ship and took in all the lights of the parade boats and the city.

Wednesday night we attended my office Christmas dinner party.  We went to Busalacchi's a Modo Mio located in downtown San Diego.  I ordered the butternut squash ravioli with cream sauce and hazelnuts.  It was so yummy. Hmmm...I sense a squash theme in my meals...haha!

I had the day off today so I got some things done around the house.  Played with some table decorations for our Christmas Eve dinner, took Kona to the vet to be groomed--she also got weighed and has lost 18 pounds--we have been working on it since she blew out both of her knees last year and her Vet told us losing some weight would help her recovery and general health.  I am pleased that her weight was down.  Her nails got trimmed (very much needed) and she is a happy camper.

I got my nails done (also much needed) this afternoon, too. I have two more gifts to wrap.

Tomorrow, I will complete my table centerpiece planning and pull it all together for dinner.  I have a feeling that it's going to be a very busy day!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Merry Christmas, Beth!