6.08.2011

BLOG PAUSE


I know I've been absent from blogging recently, so I thought I'd pop in and let you know I'm still alive and well.

The days are getting longer and warmer and we are spending more time outside and with friends.  I love summertime.


It's been over a week since I blogged. 

Seriously, where does the time go and why does it have to fly by so fast?

Here is a recap of what's been going on since I posted last.

  • I attended a meetup at a country music place and made some new friends.  
  • Celebrated our youngest son's 21st birthday...again, where does time go?  He was 9 when Bruce and I met.
  • Partied at a neighbor's BBQ party--delicious food and two different sangrias. 
  • Visited a friend in the hospital who was hurt in a motorcycle accident.  His $600 helmet paid for itself--he looked pretty darn good for a guy with a broken femur (now held together with titanium rods) and a busted arm (reinforced with steel plates) and souped up on heavy pain meds.  He will be dependent on crutches while he heals and completes two months of physical therapy--we're all praying for a full recovery.
  • Now that the weather is getting warmer, we are back in mode to keep up on watering our yards and veggie garden.  All of our veggies are thriving, however, our cucumber plants are threatening to take over the garden.  Holy cow. 
  • I am back in "work out mode".  This is my first full week of dedicated treadmill time.  That means rolling out of bed at 5 a.m. to make sure I get my work out in before my day gets away from me.
  • Having a girls' night out tonight.  Some wine sipping and catching up and lots of laughing--that's a given.
That about covers it from here....Hope all of you are having a good week.


No comments: