3.23.2011

WINTER REMNANT

I know that, technically, it is Spring.

That being said, Spring has not sprung here. 

It was a chilly 43 degrees (which is cold for my neighborhood) this morning when I left for work. Granted it was only 6:45 a.m. but I am certain it got much colder overnight.  At least it felt like it when I awakened at 3:40 a.m. and buried myself deep under our warm comforter. 

On top of those cold-for-our-city temperatures, another Winter storm (yeah, you read that right, Winter) is gonna be here by later today. 

Cold, rainy and wet.  Again.

To look outside at this very moment, you would never believe it.  Not a cloud in the blue sky.  Some haze.  Lots of sunshine.  No clouds.

Our chipper morning weather girl assures me that the clouds will be moving in by noon and by 5 pm we will be getting rain.  Serious rain.

I am so thankful that I have a covered parking garage here at work, because I have come to work unprepared. 

No jacket. 

No umbrella. 

No galoshes...I don't actually own a pair of galoshes.  But you get the idea.  I am completely unprepared for rain today.  Of any kind.

However, my trusty Jeep shall carry me over hill and dale, through the muckety-muck and puddles safely home.  She is prepared for the weather. 

Thank goodness one of us is.

No comments: