11.08.2013

MY BOOKLIST FOR WINTER

 
I follow Kelly's Korner and I am linking up this week.

I have an eclectic taste in books, but I have been drawn to mysteries, whether fiction or true crime since I can remember. Here is the backstory to my love of crime novels.

I've been reading mysteries, crime novels and thrillers since I was a freshman in high school.  The first book I remember being taken captive by, when I was in the 9th grade was 'The Godfather', by Mario Puzo.


  The next book was 'Helter Skelter', a true crime novel by Vincent Bugliosi and Curt Gentry.

Helter Skelter
 I was both creeped out and drawn in by the  very scary and true story of Manson.  It was my first exposure to such a heinous crime spree and sick mind. Ironically, it was what drew me to Criminal Justice and attaining my degree in Criminal Justice and Pre-Law.

Shortly after that, I discovered the 'Deadly Sins' series by Lawrence Sanders. 


Finally, after years of reading stories by Steven King and Dean Koontz, I found a series by an author that I follow to this day.  Jonathan Kellerman's 'Alex Delaware' series. I love mystery novel and I am a mystery writer, too.  I'm not published (yet), but I am a writer all the same. 

When the Bough Breaks (Alex Delaware, #1)

I admit that I am behind a few years in reading his novels (not prioritizing my reading over the priorities in everything else in my life) but Kellerman's Alex Delaware is a series I've been reading for over a decade and look forward to each new novel published.  Note to self...read them NOW.  So they are on my winter reading list. 

Yep, you may not think that I have an eclectic taste in books, but I do.  Same with music (but that is another blog post entirely).  Right now,  I am reading "The Swing" by Tracy Reifkind, an author I follow as closely as I do Jonathan Kellerman, but with Tracy, for the best fitness and health tips and I read  and follow her blog.



I enjoyed reading "A Lotus Grows in the Mud" by Goldie Hawn and would like to read more books she has authored.

Front Cover

I love the list of books that Kelly listed too and I can't wait to check them out. I will also be checking out the lists of all of the rest of the bloggers who linked to Kelly's blog post too!

No comments: