1.01.2013

SMALL STEPS TOWARD BIG CHANGES

Happy New Year! 

This is the time of year when everyone is making resolutions. 

I can tell you from experience that most of them will not be kept.  In fact, over my lifetime, I have not been able to keep many of mine. But, why is that? 

For me, it was because I took on too much.  My intentions were good but my goals overwhelmed me and consequently, I gave up.

This year, while I still agree that setting resolutions is still a good idea and that all of my resolutions can still be achieved, I am changing the way I approach them. 

This year, I am making my changes in small steps--one month at a time. 

These are my January resolutions:
  • Read one book this month
  • Write 15 minutes a day
  • Complete 30 minutes of exercise each day. Mix it up and have fun (treadmill, neighborhood walk, bike ride, hike or taking a couple of flights of stairs at work instead of the elevator)
That's it.  Each month I will take a look at my long term goals and make new monthly goals that will challenge and help me stay on track.

Wishing you all a happy and healthy 2013 and success on your resolutions for the coming year!

No comments: