11.17.2012

NANO-ING

I'm very far behind on my word count.  But I am much further ahead on my writing in general, than I ever would have been had I not signed up for Nanowrimo.

I have every intention of finishing (still).  My novel has taken shape and is off in a good direction.  I just need to close myself off from the world for a week and do nothing but write.  No eating, no sleeping...just writing.  It will never happen, of course, but that is what it will probably take.

I finally reached 10,000 words on Thursday night and then only wrote 719 more on Friday.  Way behind the 1,667 words a day to finish by November 30.  I plan to get more writing done today, and I have tomorrow, too. (That's what I keep telling myself so I don't quit.)

I have to admit that it is overwhelming with all the catching up I have to do.  I don't even want to say how far behind I am...Let's just say I might as well be trying to scale Mt. Everest. 

That is how daunting my goal feels right now to me.

Okay, I am through whining here...time to write.  See ya!

No comments: