2.05.2012

SUPER SUNDAY

Yes, it's Superbowl Sunday.  I am less interested in the actual game, but I love the stories behind the players.  It's fascinating and gives me a greater appreciation for the game and the heart of the players.

I also love the commercials...my favorite part.

I made sure to get my 4.31 miles walk in earlier today and we're planning healthy snacks to eat during the game...after all Superbowl is also about the food.  But you don't have to go crazy to join in the party.

We have huge spread of fresh raw veggies (cucumber, brocolli, red peppers, green peppers, yellow peppers, carrotts, grape tomatoes, and celery.  We're serving it with a fat free sour cream dip. 

I also made a homemade bean dip with drained and rinsed pinto beans, lime juice, garlic, cumin, chili powder and salsa all mixed in the food processor.  Serving with pita chips.

We're making homemade "hot wings" using baked chicken breast tenderloins, coated with Franks Buffalo Hot Pepper sauce.

Lastly, we are making cheesy jalapeno peppers with seeded jalapenos, cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese and crushed garlic and then baked.  Just making enough for one serving each, so we are not gonna go off the grid with our calories!




Lots of healthy choices and good food to snack on--now just waiting on the game! We're ready!

Feeling good with my 13 pound weight loss for January and more motivated than ever to continue getting into better shape and more fit this month too!

1 comment:

Summer Girl said...

NIce spread! I think we are going to order some room service here. Just relaxing watching the last part of the game. Bean dip sounds yummy! Miss you!