5.24.2011

TUESDAY CONFESSION

I have a confession.  I didn't make it on the treadmill yesterday.

I didn't sleep well at all and i woke up feeling like it was the middle of the night. 

Now, I know to some of you 5:00 a.m. IS the middle of the night and before I started birthing babies, nursing babies and keeping track of teenagers, it was for me, too.  Ahh...remember those days?  Sleeping in until nearly noon?

That was a lifetime ago for me.  

Oops, sorry, I got off track.

Today, I am making up for that missed treadmill time. 

I am going to be taking a walk with some girls from one of my Meetup groups.  We are walking around a local lake after work today.  It is a 6+ mile trek, round trip. I have walked it once before and it's a really good workout. 

My goal is to replace a lot of my idle TV time with being active. There are several weekly walks and hikes that I want to work into my week.

I'll check in tomorrow and give ya'all an update on my trek.

It's a beautiful day in San Diego, today...no sign of our usual May Gray.


Ths is a view of Balboa Park from my office window early this morning. 



And here is a view of the San Diego Harbor from another window.  I'd rather play hooky and be outside today. Wishful thinking... 

Make it a great day!

2 comments:

Farmer Gal said...

Beautiful! You are blessed to have such wonderful views! Hope you enjoyed your new group of walking friends!

Beth said...

We had a fun time walking and talking, getting to know each other! We had a lot in common and they are really nice girls!