1.18.2011

TUESDAY + DINNER = OH, SO GOOD

Tuesday.  Back to work.  Long day. Coming home is the best part of my day. The aroma in my house when I got home made me so hungry.  I set out a small basket of chips and some guacamole to nibble on while we waited for dinner to finish cooking.

Bruce put dinner in the crock pot this morning.  A dangerously, delicious concoction of chicken breasts, canned tomatoes with peppers, jalapenos, and a small can of salsa verde and set it on low and cooked slow.all.day.long.

I did my part.  I cooked some brown rice and "homemade"  refried beans (open a can of pinto beans and mash them in pot with a tablespoon of hot bacon grease until they are mashed and hot) to go along with it.  I usually like to cook my beans from scratch and then re-fry them, but hey, I worked all day, so I take shortcuts on work nights. 

I set out some guacamole, salsa and a basket of tortilla chips to nibble on accompanied by an ice cold margarita while the rice cooked.

We enjoyed a delicious dinner.  mmmmmm....

1 comment:

Summer Girl said...

Sounds tonight for dinner. K is driving back from CO now with a truckload of firewood! Decided to change your blog too? I like it!
Love you!