11.13.2010

THE GOOD, (THERE IS NO BAD) AND THE UGLY

Still having a sweet time in Nashville!

Monday-- we made a  visit to Arrington Vineyards (co-owned by Kix Brooks of Brooks and Dunn) with our friend Lynnette. Sipped some delicious wines, bought some Raspberry Dessert Wine and chocolate and ate lunch at Puckett's Grocery in Franklin.  Such a great day!

Drove to Lexington on Tuesday--surprised my Aunt for her birthday and had a fun time visiting with my Auntie, Uncle Bill, cousin Debbie and her family!  Debbie is a wonderful cook and we had the most delicious food for dinner!  We stayed up til 1:00 a.m. when we ran out of steam, spent the night and were treated to a delicious breakfast before we headed back to Nashville.




After our drive back to Nashville Wednesday morning, we got in a short rest at our hotel before we got ready to head downtown for the CMA award festivities.  Lots going on and we joined the crowd all vying for a peek at the celebrities arriving on the Black Carpet.  We ate some dinner, hit  "The Stage" on Broadway for a drink and listening to the local band playing that night.

Our son, T surprised us with a visit (he drove all night from VA) and we took him downtown, toured the Ryman, ate some lunch (we each got an appetizer and shared) at the Hard Rock Nashville, stopped at The Second Fiddle and listened to the band, had a few drinks, visited with locals, ate an early dinner at the Wild Horse Saloon and shopped for souvenirs.

All three of us were exhausted from the lack of sleep the night before, so we made up for it with going to bed at 8:30 and getting a solid night's sleep. 

We met Shelly for an early morning hike at Radnor Lake, this time taking the Ridge route (steeper and longer) around to the lake.  We saw only one group of deer eating near the edge of the trail we were on.  It was another beautiful morning for a hike.

Breakfast at the Loveless Cafe.  I could have made a meal on their biscuits!! I can't get them out of my head.  We cruised the Natchez Trace Parkway and stopped for some pics and skipped rocks at Percy Priest Lake.

That is most of the good stuff...here is the ugly. (WARNING--ugly bruise pic below)
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

Yup, that my friends is a pic of the worst and largest of my seven (yes, seven) bruises--specifically the one I received on my left thigh.  This pic was taken 9 days after my aforementioned fall down the hotel stairs.

Enough ugly...Beautiful Nashville is helping me forget my pain. (The Cabin Fever Maple Whiskey helped a little bit, too). 

Our vacation is winding down with going to hear a friend, Mike Broward, play at a local downtown Irish bar and our last night will be spent with friends at the Nashville Predators game.

Nashville, I already miss you.

1 comment:

Farmer Gal said...

Looks like such fun times! You're making me think I need to go visit Nashville. We watched the CMA awards and the CMA Christmas concert last night... Sigh. I love country music...