7.29.2010

JULY CAME IN LIKE A LAMB

And July is leaving the same way. We have had a very cool, overcast summer so far. That kind of weather is very typical for June but we are having one of the coolest summers in San Diego since 1912.

Let me be clear. I am not complaining. Though I would love to be enjoying more days in the pool, I am certainly not missing hot nights and even hotter days. Nope, not one bit. I am so thankful for the very pleasant days and nights.

Enough about the weather.

What have I been up to?
  • golf lessons with some girlfriends (lovin' it!)
  • completed Excel and Powerpoint classes
  • spending time with good friends (lots of laughter, food on the grill and a bottle of wine)
  • ♥♥celebrated our 8 year wedding anniversary ♥♥
  • finished Season 3 of 'Friday Night Lights' (one of my favorite shows of all times!)
  • and Season 5 of 'The Closer' (I love Kyra Segewick's character!)
  • harvesting red tomatoes from our garden
  • made homemade pesto from the basil in our garden (oh, pesto, you are so divine!)

Other than that...I have been just hanging out and having a great relaxed summer. I know this blog post is bare without any relevant photos. Here is one of hubby and me at the Tim Mc Graw/Lady Antebellum/Love & Theft concert we saw in June (note the sweatshirt I'm wearing. It was cold!)

I really hope to have some photos to share with the sun shining in them soon!

"I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination" Jimmy Dean

No comments: