1.23.2010

SUNSHINE AND A NIGHT DOWNTOWN

We woke up to sunshine and blue skies. Our temps were still chilly and there were some scattered gray clouds in the sky that delivered some sprinkles, but all in all, it was a beautiful morning!

We are supposed to have three sunny dry days before the next two day storm arrives. Enough time to let our soggy soil dry out and for us to clean up the debris in our yard and get some quick yard work done.

We have been in a long drought, so this rain storm was both welcome and much needed. Our plants really needed it. I love the rain. I love how clean the air smells after it rains.

This morning, we ran out and took care of our errands at Costco -- we had a short list and filled the Jeep up with gas. While we were there, we also found a good space heater to use in our garage during our evening workouts. After our grocery run and a stop at Kohl's we were home for the rest of the day.

Tonight, we are meeting some friends downtown in the Gaslamp for dinner at Blue Point and then walk to a couple of other places and check out the bands and enjoy our local night life. I'm looking forward to getting out of the house after a housebound week of rain.

What are your plans this weekend?

2 comments:

Laura said...

That sounds like a nice weekend. I have to admit, I'm a little jealous of your leisurely time. But you know, if I want leisurely time I just need to make it happen and not be a sad-sap, right?

Beth said...

It's tough with little ones...I had four, so I understand. I had to be creative to get leisure time in those days...I'd babysit for ya if I lived close. :-)