2.20.2014

THE TRUTH INSIDE

Sometimes, I change things up from my usual posts and my writing becomes poetic and introspective. This is one of those times. Since I haven't posted in awhile (but I have been writing just the same), I decided to publish this piece, here.
   


This is me.  This is everyone.  We've all fought hard to get where we are in our journey. We hide our scars from each other and pretend we're unscathed.  But in time, it's evident, we are all brave warriors, each having survived different battles.


warrior


masked exterior
Madonna smile
but inside
weary, wary, vigilant.


The fragile soul
bears the scars of ancient battles.
Remnants of busted, bruised pieces
and holes filled with 
loss and fear.


Damaged but resilient
with wounded parts cloaked
behind bravado
which like a fortress
protects the broken child within.


A solitary dented shield
warns that a sword
she keeps
buried deep
can be sharpened,
and hailed
to defend that child
from harm.


standing
protecting
surviving








No comments: