4.06.2012

FINISHING UP A FRIDAY

What have I been doing?  Ummmm...working, working out...watching DVR'd shows....taking care of business...ya know, the usual...

Last night, I met a bunch of fun friends at a local favorite hangout with GREAT food and wine to celebrate our friend, Linda's birthday.  We had a great time!  Drank glasses of chilled wine, ate yummy thin crust pizza (one just a yummy garlic cheese type and the other, a red pepper, arugula, and asparagus pizza) and then, our wonderful banker (who should ditch banking) baker friend, Leeann brought us a grand variety of crazy good cupcakes to dive into.

I am not kidding when I say crazy good either.  I indulged in a Snicker's cupcake...devils food with a chocolate butter cream frosting and snickers on top.  She baked 9 different varieties of chocolate and vanilla cupcakes...I wanted to eat one of each, but the amount of time I would have to spend on the treadmill to burn those ingested calories...well let's just say, I might as well walk to Phoenix, AZ.

You girls know exactly what I mean. Don't pretend you don't.

I held myself to one cupcake and brought two home to my hubby.

I was so inspired by all that yumminess that I have decided to try my hand at some innovative cupcake making for family celebrations. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tomorrow we are going to work in our garden.

Yes, it is that time of year!  Time to add soil, plant our tomatoes, jalapenos, basil and squash. We're going to implement a drip irrigation system this year.  We bought it last year but didn't get it installed in time.

And yes, you are right, we have narrowed the amount of types of veggies we are growing. What do we really want to grow?  We came up with the list above based on what works for us. I love making pesto, jalapeno jelly, and eating steamed squash and fresh tomatoes...and I am thinking a fresh margarita pizza will be so good this summer...fresh tomatoes and basil and cheese on a whole wheat pizza crust...maybe on the grill? 

I am sure that got my hubby's attention....(yes, he reads my blog).

I'll post our annual photos after we get everything planted.

No comments: