2.16.2012

MAKING IT WORK

Here I am...in the middle of my second month of working out and eating healthy.

I've been working out 6-7 days a week.  For a couple of weeks, I worked out 7 days but then I realized I really did need one day off a week.

I really enjoy my long walks each Saturday and Sunday and I really didn't want to give either one of those up.  There is something energizing about a long walk outside.  I always feel better when I get home from my walks. It is a mood lifter to say the least.

That being said, I decided to take Mondays off.

It makes perfect sense...right?

This is my rationale....Monday mornings arrive too soon and too early. It's so hard to get out of bed, put on work out clothes and get on the treadmill for 30 minutes and then go to work.  I would rather just pull the covers over my head and go back to sleep for several hours...or at least another 30 minutes. 

It's a win-win!  Taking Mondays off allows me to sleep in on Monday mornings (if you consider 5:30 a.m. sleeping in...) and I get to keep my Sunday walks (outdoors and longer cardio time and calorie burn)

I know it doesn't sound like a big deal, but to a woman who has given up Girl Scout cookies this year, an extra 30 minutes of sleep is a big deal. 

It's been a good trade-off. 

1 comment:

Laura said...

I love your reasoning. Sounds like just the right balance for you. For me too, actually, I could use a couple long walks over the weekend. However, living in MN in the winter makes that kind of unappealing. Wish I could walk where you are!