12.26.2011

CHRISTMAS AND MEMAW'S ANGEL

We had a wonderfully blessed Christmas.  We missed spending Christmas with our (daughter, Ashley) and (son, Taylor) who both live out of state--Utah and Virginia, but I did get to talk to Ashley and granddaughter, Grace on the phone and Skype on my laptop with Taylor in the afternoon. So good to see him!

We were able to spend time with the rest of our six kiddos, and our "adopted" daughter, Olivia.  My good friend, Linda and her other half, Graeme spent the afternoon and evening with us--so much fun and laughter!  We had such a nice day with everyone! Memories to lock away in my heart. 
I have much to be thankful for.  And I am!!

Last week, Heather and Cameron shared that their baby is a boy--we are thrilled that they are adding a second grandson for us to love and spoil in May!!  AND...on Christmas Day we learned that Ashley and Kent are expecting a girl, so we are getting our second granddaughter in April.  We are so excited!!

We hosted our Italian themed Christmas Eve dinner and evening and enjoyed our time with family.  We ate, laughed and celebrated the birth of Jesus together.  After dinner,  we had fun playing the "steal a gift" game with the gifts we brought to exchange.  

Today, we both had the day off from work and played catch-up here at home and did our laundry.  Back to normal.  We took in a movie this afternoon and heated up leftovers for dinner.  It's nice to be back on our schedule. 

I was reading the most recent post of another blogger I follow and her post reminded me of something so cute that Grace said to me while she was here.

We were sitting at the table and she looked up at me and said, "Memaw, call me Angel".  At first, I didn't get it.  But then I remembered that when she calls me to get my attention, I will answer, "Yes, Angel?"  or "Yes, Lovie"  

She told her mama, "I Memaw's angel"    She was definitely stuck on that while she was here.  If we called her a "silly billy", which is her own little thing she says, she would shake her head and say, "No, I not...I an angel.  I Memaw's angel." 
Ha Ha! Too darn cute is what she is!!

I hope you all had a beautiful Christmas and felt the love of Jesus, God's gift to the world!

2 comments:

Summer Girl said...

She sure is an angel. I am going to post another funny story about what she said on Christmas as soon as my pics finish downloading! Can't wait to meet our second lil angel!

Laura said...

Aww, that's sweet. Glad you had a wonderful Christmas. An Italian themed meal... Sounds like a good idea!