10.01.2011

BACK IN TOUCH

I'm back. 

The desert was heavenly.  It was hot and it felt good.  The pool felt even better.  And having no where to go and nothing to do for all day Saturday was the best!  We took advantage of our down time and soaked up every lazy minute of it. 

We had a few comical moments over the weekend, too. One of them had to do with our room.  Upon check-in, they told us that our room had just had the carpet shampooed but we were assured it would be dry.

And it was dry, but the room stunk to high heaven.  Seriously.

I don't know what bio-hazardous event occurred in that room, but we were all about to vomit.  I could not even pinpoint the smell but it was gag inducing.  I held my nose and called the front desk.  All I had to say is how bad the room smelled and we were given a new room number and room keys were delivered in seriously, less than 2 minutes.

I was afraid to ask what had happened in that room. I don't want to know.  Maybe it's best we not know.

We were able to laugh about after we were settled into our fresh smelling, clean, and BONUS-- closer to the pool, room.  Much better. 

But now I am back to reality.  I have to admit that this week back at work has not been all that crazy.  And that is good, too.  Sometimes when I come back from a break, it can be worse than when I left.  Thankfully, not this time.

My fall calendar has begun to fill up quickly.  With 'crazy good' things.  I have been trying to make sure that I have everything written down on all of my calendars but I still feel a teensy bit overwhelmed--but in a good way.

I have some errand running to do on Saturday and I need to make some time for brainstorming for my next article, which is due next week. 

But hey, at least it's the weekend! 

2 comments:

Summer Girl said...

I am glad you had a good time and wish I could have been there too! :) I know October, November and December are getting so busy-I know they are just going to fly by! Cant wait to see you in 2 weeks!

Laura said...

Good good good. Glad to hear you had such a great weekend, and came home to un-craziness... Isn't that a good feeling?