We are winding down from a fabulous weekend with our good friends, Tom and Heidi, who live in Seattle. They arrived Thursday night and we met for drinks and appetizers after we got off work. I woke up with a migraine headache Friday morning and muddled through the day with head pain and nausea for nearly 24 hours.  I felt much better by Saturday afternoon and full speed ahead for the rest of our weekend together.

We finally had a hot summer weather weekend here so we indulged in a lot of summer activities:  plenty of pool float time with refreshing homemade Mojitos, dinner on the patio, breakfast at the beach, Margaritas and dinner at Old Town Mexican Cafe (a must do if you come to San Diego--they are famous for their homemade tortillas), and finished our weekend with a relaxing afternoon at Gator Beach and an early dinner and live music at McP's

I have had a long relaxing break from work (including today) and feel rested and refreshed.  Today is a catch up day before I go back to work.  I have loads of laundry going and I am making a list for the grocery.

The following is a Public Service Announcement (for anyone that has ever dealt with a wet cell phone):

My cell phone took an accidental spill into the pool on Friday.  Uh oh.  But, after thoroughly drying it off and immersing it first into a bag of rice and the next day into a bag of silica gel beads to dry out (undisturbed for 48 hours), my phone is working just fine. Yeah!  Note to self: If you have to have your phone by the pool, seal it in a ziploc bag first.  Happy ending and lesson learned. 

So, if any of you have a similar experience with your phone (into the toilet, sink, pool),turn the phone off, take out the battery and memory card if you have one, and dry it well and then bury it in a container of silica gel beads (you can get them at any craft store--they are used for drying flowers) and don't mess with it for 48 hours.  It works! The hardest part is leaving it alone for the full 48 hours. 

Time to go change the laundry out....

No comments: