5.28.2011

TUSCAN CHICKEN

So, yesterday, I told you about the dinner we were planning to grill tonight.  I am checking in to tell you it was AWESOME.  Roll my eyes back in my head, crazy delicious!  Yeah, it was THAT good.

I made some Italian Pasta Salad to have with it.

Wheat Rotini pasta (tri-color) (cooked al dente)
Can of sliced black olives(drained)
1 chopped green bell pepper
1/2 chopped red onion
shredded Parmesan cheeese (as much or as little as you like)
Italian dressing to coat

I served a loaf of fresh Costco Bakery whole grain bread (which was heated in the oven and slathered with real butter).  I have to have real butter...that fake butter just does not cut it with me. I come from southern roots and we love real butter.  Just ask Paula Deen.

We drank some chilled Palomar Winery Viognier white wine with it and it was Perfect. Ooooh La La.  Is that over the top?  You know what I mean.

Here is a photo I took of our 'spatchcocked' chicken before it went on the grill.  By the way, Google 'spatchcocked' before you judge me.  Really. It's a cooking term.  Really.



And here is a photo of our fresh off the grill, drizzled with Olive Oil cooked Tuscan Chicken (before we dug in and devoured half of it). 


I don't have any photos of the salad or bread.  They were both really yummy, but you will just have to take my word for it. 

Dessert is coming up next. 

We are having Strawberry Shortcake.  Shortcake cups with fresh ripe strawberries loaded with a heavy scoop of vanilla ice cream and topped with some chilled whipped cream.  Mmmmmm... 

I might even brew a some decaf coffee to go with it....

We are living large here at our house this weekend. 

No comments: