3.12.2011

ANOTHER SATURDAY NIGHT

It's been a long work week for me and I'm having a very good and productive weekend. 

We went to Filippi's for dinner Friday night.  A nice green salad with beans, olives, peppercini's and a lovely Italian dressing, with hot french bread and I ordered a half order of beef ravioli with marinara sauce.  We ordered a half carafe of Chianti to drink with it. Delicious dinner and evening out with my husband!

This morning we woke with coffee and the morning news.  We are saddened by the recent earthquake, tsunami and devastating results in Japan, we are keeping them in our prayers.

We went to Costco today and we found some really beautiful melamine dinnerware to use on the patio this summer. 


I love the vibrant colors.  So bright and summery.  It makes me happy! 

We stopped off at Petco for some dog treats for our puppydog, Kona.  She is still crippling around but loves her supplements wrapped in Velveeta and will gobble up a half hotdog bun that I have injected with her liquid Metacam.  Thank goodness, because she needs it and I am glad that she willingly takes it.  Even looks forward to her "cheese" and "hotdog bun".

We stopped at the grocery store for our weekly shopping and went directly home to unload and put everything away.  We took a break and ate some lunch.  Bruce mowed the front and back lawns and I gave our pupster a bath.  I think she feels a lot better being clean.  Bruce washed her blankets and bed cover and Kona is a happy camper.

Kona took a sunbath on the patio while Bruce and I weeded our side yard and garden (dead veggie plants and weeds).  The rain made them easy to pull.  Although it was labor, it felt good to be outside in the sunshine and fresh air (high 60's). 

All in all, it was a very good day.

Tonight, Bruce grilled chicken breasts and I made a large pot of brown rice (two more meals this week planned with brown rice) and a spinach salad with a homemade dressing.  We picked up a loaf of Costco whole grain bread, which I heated and we had with some butter.  We opened a bottle of Leonesse Viognier wine to have with it.  (On our weight loss plan, we're limiting our alcohol to wine and only on the weekend--and only if we have eaten clean and worked out the five days prior).

Dessert tonight will be some angel food cake, fresh chopped strawberries and fat free whipped topping. 

I am planning on a workout on the treadmill again tomorrow morning.  Bruce has a softball game, so I will get my morning cardio in while he is playing softball. My goal is to work out 6 days a week.

We attended services at our church (The Rock Church) last Sunday night and we're so happy to be back in our church home.  Pastor Miles is an amazing minister and we love our worship time at The Rock. We like to attend the Sunday night service, have some dinner afterwards and make it an early evening to bed for work the next day.

A relaxing night at home with my hubby.  What could be better?  Nuttin' honey.  Nuttin'.

2 comments:

Farmer Gal said...

Sigh. That all just sounds so lovely. I could totally go for a weekend like that. Those plates are so cute! I like your approach to food/wine/exercise as well... I think it's good to allow yourself some of the things you really enjoy, especially if you've been 'good' all week!

We're enduring a different kind of weight loss regimen around here... It's called stomach flu! Blech...

Beth said...

I am sorry to learn you all are sick. That is not a fun way to lose weight at all. I hope you all are feeling better soon! Missed seeing ya on your blog.