11.07.2010

BLOGGING FROM MUSIC CITY

Yup, we are in Nashville, having an amazing time and wishing (more than ever) we lived here.  3 days down...7 more to go!

Country Music Hall of Fame--I was especially drawn to the songwriters' stories and loved all the costumes, guitars and boots!

Old Chicago in Clarksville--hung out with our friends, Pam and Steve, I enjoyed a birthday glass of Syrah and shared some yummy appetizers. 

Beer, Bourbon and BBQ Festival--I stuck to Bourbon tasting and found a whiskey that I loved.  Cabin Fever Maple Whiskey...can't wait to add it to my eggnog for some holiday cheer.

Radnor Lake hike at 7:40 a.m.-- cold Tennessee morning air, deer just a few feet away from us.  We also saw several wild turkeys, squirrels and "munkshins" (chipmunks)--my kids will "get" this one--and views of the lake that took my breath away. We may just take in another lake hike later this week!

Bowling Green, KY--met up with my cousin, Pam, hubby John and kiddos and had some dinner and lots of laughing and catching up.  I realized that 5 years is much too long to go without spending time with them.

On our first morning here, I took a nasty spill down the exit stairs on my way down to the hotel gym. From the 4th step from the landing, the toe of my left shoe caught and propelled me face forward down the stairs ending with my face on the landing, inches from the wall. 

Needless to say, there was no workout for me that morning (or any morning since). I had to quickly ice the large lumps on both thighs, both knees, both shins and my right elbow.  The next day, whiplash pain set in all over my body from slamming onto the floor and I was in considerable pain for two of my three days here (the Bourbon helped a lot yesterday, hehe). 

Today has been my best day and I felt good enough to get out and really enjoy our lake hike this morning.  The bruises are horrid, but I am thankful that I did not hit my head or break any bones.  AND, I am not letting it spoil my trip--ummm, maybe 'trip' is the best word to use--I am not letting it spoil my vacation.

I'll blog more in a couple of days and may have some photos to post, too! We have already taken a lot of great ones--I just need to see if we brought the right cord to upload them to the laptop....

4 comments:

Summer Girl said...

Glad you guys are having a good time, so sorry you took a tumble. Just let the hubby take good care of you! And I think more alcohol will help take the edge off! LOL! We went to the dog park again today and we had to book it up the hill to feed Aaron and both daddy and I were panting!

Farmer Gal said...

Fun times! (Other than the fall. Ouch!)

Um, tell me... Why don't you live in TN again?

Greg Nivens said...

Thanks for coming to our Beer Bourbon & BBQ Festival. Hope you had a good time!

Farmer Gal said...

Hey! Giveaway this week! Stop over.