9.12.2010

NEVER TOO MUCH OF A GOOD THING

I made another batch of Jalapeno Jelly yesterday.  This time I increased the ratio of whole jalapenos to seeded ones to raise the heat in this recipe.  I also added some red food coloring to it, so I could determine which was which.

Here is a photo my finished product of both recipes


We opened one of jars from the first batch yesterday and I served it over some cream cheese on crackers.  While the flavor was YUMMY, it had very little heat. Mild, which, to me translates into b-o-r-i-n-g.

But that's just me.  Not everyone is a fan of food with hot, spicy flavors. However, because I love (and crave) spicy food, I think the next batch will make my taste buds much happier. 

I have some more flowers on my plants, so I have my fingers crossed that I will get enough Jalapenos to make one more batch before the end of the season. 

I am planning to really turn up the heat on that batch and see how it turns out.  Maybe, before I do that, I should try this second batch?

Nah....I think I'll live dangerously and just go for it.

No comments: