8.27.2010

STRANGER THAN FICTION

It is said that truth is stranger than fiction. That quote originated from British poet Lord Byron who, in his epic poem Don Juan, said "Tis strange – but true; for truth is always strange; Stranger than fiction.”

No matter. It is true. I have recently experienced that and it has resulted in an interesting twist.

An event (burglary) at our office, which at first felt surreal to all of us and seemed to have nothing but negative effects, it has now occurred to me that it is also, oddly enough a perfect premise from which to craft a good read.

Things have normalized again at work and the case has been assigned to a capable detective, I am ready to change my focus and put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard) and begin working on this writing project.

So, I am putting the other famous saying, "when life hands you lemons, make lemonade" to work for me.

No comments: