6.14.2009

A GOOD WALK AND SATURDAY WITH FRIENDS

On Saturday morning, I was invited to join some girls (Dawn, Karin and Jess) to walk with them at a local lake. It was a morning full of clouds, fondly known as "June Gloom" here in San Diego. But it was a perfect morning for a 6+ mile walk.

When I left our house, it was drizzling...hard enough to put the wipers and headlights on...but it was not raining at all as I got closer to the lake. However I was prepared. I brought a windbreaker just in case that changed during our walk.

There were a lot of other people walking--with and without dogs, mountain bikers, inline skaters and families pushing strollers. It took us two hours to do the loop to the dam and back. It was such a fun time of exercise and great company!

Afterwards, I ran to the grocery store and then home to shower and relax. We had our good friend, Linda over to grill out with us...we grilled chicken and beef kabobs -- peppers, onions and pineapple-- with jasmine rice and a chilled bottle of Pinot Grigio. Linda brought some cheesecake topped with strawberries and blackberries for dessert. It was so yummy!
This is a picture of Bruce and Linda and I celebrating her birthday last year. We never got the camera out last night to take some pics.


We started our afternoon off with an icy pitcher of margaritas, pita chips with rondele cheese dip, and some mini quiche bites. The sun had come out and the temperatures made for a beautiful afternoon to spend outside on our patio. As always our time together was full of great stories, good conversation and laughs.

1 comment:

Thomma Lyn said...

Hi, Beth! Sounds like you had a wonderful walk. Six miles -- awesome! And as much as I enjoy sunshine, a cloudy day has its appeal, too. Cools things off, that's for sure! :)

And what a yummy dinner you had with your friend. I love jasmine rice, and I simply can't get enough blackberries and blueberries. Great picture, too! And wonderful memories to treasure.