1.02.2009

GETTING INTO MOVE MODE

Whoa...2009 is here. Finally.

What I want to know is this...where the heck did the week between Christmas and New Year's go?

My son, T was here for that week and left this morning to drive back to OR with his dad and on Sunday, he flies back to Jacksonville and will get back to studying for his Flight Engineer classes. It was really good to see him and the week seriously flew.

Today we went to the San Diego Auto Show and we specfically looked at trucks (for Bruce) and Jeeps (for me). Oh, and we drooled over a few others that are out of our financial reach (our dream cars) -- unless we win Lotto.

Well, we can dream, right? It is always fun to check out the new models and colors and features. I got a kick out of the Raptor simulator and the Ford Robot, too.

Tomorrow, I will take the Christmas tree down and put away all of the decorations (in the new Rubbermaid storage boxes we got today on sale at Walmart!) We put our decorations up in early December and I am more than ready to take everything down and put them away. I'm actually getting into "move mode".

So that means that my next task is to begin packing boxes with the knick-knacks, pictures, extra linens, towels and other household items that are not needed, but that we are taking with us. The items we are not taking and do not need right now will be sorted to give to the kids, sell or donate. We still have more of our garage to do the same with and we will probably use bigger chunks of weekend time to do that.

We're looking into using ABF U-pack to move our things across country. We'd prefer to pack everything in the trailer ourselves anyways and it will save us a lot of money this way. Always a good thing.

1 comment:

Thomma Lyn said...

Good luck! Sounds like you're going to be very busy for a while. I hope things go well and smoothly! :)

And I wish you and your family a wonderful New Year in 2009!